Author: Once upon a time there lived the king Lear. He was the king of Britain.
He had three daughters: Goneril, Regan and Cordelia.
One day King Lear called his daughters and said to them:
King Lear: I am very old and tired. I want to divide Britain into three parts and give one part to
each of you. But first you must tell me how much you love me.
Author: Goneril and Regan were not good daughters. They did not love their father. But they
were very greedy. They wanted to become queens very much. So Goneril said:
Goneril: Dear father, I love you very much. I love you more than my eyes, more than my
beauty, more than my life. No child loves his father more than I love you.
Author: Then Regan spoke:
Regan: Dear father, I love you very much. I love you more than anything else in the world.
Author: King Lear was very glad. Then he asked his youngest daughter Cordelia to speak. She
was his favourite daughter.
Cordelia loved her father very much, but she didn’t want to repeat the words of her sisters. So, she said:
Cordelia: I don’t understand why my sisters say that they love you more than anything else.
They are married. Don’t they love their husbands? You are my father, and of course, I love you.
But when I marry, I’ll love my husband, too.
Author: King Lear did not like Cordelia’s words. He shouted at her and said:
King Lear: Get out. I don’t want to have such a daughter. You won’t get anything.
Author: So, he divided the country between Regan and Goneril and gave Cordelia nothing.
Բառերի արտասանությունը ստուգեք https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/ հղումով:
Once upon a time-Ժամանակով
- Answer the questions and publish on your blog.
- Who was King Lear?- He was the king of Britain
- How many daughters did he have?-He have 3 daughters.
- What were their names?-Their name are Goneril, Regan and Cordelia.
- Why did King Lear want to divide Britain?- The King Lear is very old and tired.
- What kind of daughters were Goneril and Regan?- Goneril and Regan were not good daughters. They did not love their father.
- Find the passage(հատված) where Cordelia tells her opinion.(արտահայտում է իր կարծիքը). —: I don’t understand why my sisters say that they love you more than anything else.They are married. Don’t they love their husbands? You are my father, and of course, I love you.But when I marry, I’ll love my husband, too.
- Why did the king divide the country into two parts? – He did not like Cordelia’s words.
- Put the sentences in the right order.
He wanted to know how much his daughters loved him.
The King gave Cordelia nothing.
(1)King Lear had three daughters.
Goneril and Regan were very greedy, but Cordelia was very host(ազնիվ).
When Cordelia spoke her father got angry.
He wanted to divide the country into three parts.
He was very old and tired.
- Now tell your opinion
Imagine you are the daughter or the son of the King Lear. Tell how much you lovene your father.
If you repeated Cordelia’s words would your father get angry?
Write complete sentences. Don’t write Yes or No.
- True or False
King Lear was the King of Britain. –true
He had two daughters.- false
Goneril and Regan were honest daughters. – false
King Lear was very old and tired. – true
Regan was King’s favourite daughter. – false
Regan and Goneril said:Dear father, of course we love you. But we are married and we love our husbands(ամուսին), too. – false
Cordelia said that he loved her father more than anything else. – false
King Lear gave the country to Cordelia. – false
If false, write the correct(ճիշտ) answer –Սխալի դեպքում գրիր ճիշտ պատասխանը:
e.g. King Lear gave the country to Cordelia.-False
King Lear gave Cordelia nothing.
- Դուրս գրեք ածականի համեմատական աստիճան արտահայտող նախադասությունները:
Then he asked his youngest daughter Cordelia to speak.
Մենք ածականների համեմատական և գերադրական աստիճանները ցույց տալու համար միավանկ ածականներին ավելացնում ենք ‘-er’ , և ‘-est’:
small(փոքր) – smaller(ավելի փոքր) – the smallest(ամենափոքր)
‘ier’ և ‘-iest’ ավելացնում ենք ‘y’-ով վերջացող երկվանկանի ածականներին, երբ ‘y’-ից առաջ ունենք բաղաձայն: Այս դեպքում ‘y’-ը դուրս է գալիս:
happy(ուրախ) – happier(ավելի ուրախ) – the happiest(ամենաուրախ)
Բազմավանկ ածականների համեմատական աստիճանը կազմում ենք՝ օգտագործելով ‘more’: (beautiful – more beautiful :գեղեցիկ–ավելի գեղեցիկ), իսկ գերադրականը՝ ‘the most’-ի օգնությամբ: ( beautiful– the most beautiful:ամենագեղեցիկ).