A. Answer these questions.
- Did the doctor think, ‘This man has really swallowed a horse’? no
- Why did the nurse give the man an injection? yes
- What did the doctor do when he went out?He looking for a horse.
- What did Mr. Lloyd see when he woke up?Mr. Lloyd sow a horse.
- Why was Mr. Lloyd not happy when he looked at the horse
more carefully? He thought that your horse was white.
B. Which words in the story on page 12 mean:
- sick -ill 3. visit-go to see 5. discovered-look for
- pleased -happy 4. fast-quickly
Put the number of the correct sentence under the correct picture.
- The nurse gave Mr. Lloyd an injection. 3
- The doctor went out into the street. 5
- Mr. Lloyd said, ‘I feel very ill.’ 2
- Mr. Lloyd woke up. 6
- Mr. Lloyd came into the doctor’s office. 1
- Mr. Lloyd went to sleep. 4